Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Six Wonderful Months

My sweet little baby is a whole six months old today!! I have tried so hard to hold onto every stage of her babyhood and enjoy her to my fullest capability but I still feel like her life is flying by way too fast. I just want to savor these remaining months of her infancy!

Bailey is my little social butterfly, I'm finding. She's the baby that will fuss if nobody is talking to her or paying attention to her. She loves to be entertained on a pretty constant basis and that's where her two adoring big sister's come in! If she's fussing they usually cheer her up very quickly. She's also into everything already! Her interpretation of crawling is hilarious and it allows her to get into just about anything she wants. I can't take my eyes off of her for fear of her getting into something or choking on her latest finding. She keeps me on my toes, for sure! My favorite thing about Bailey, however, is the fact that she's a mama's girl, for now anyways. She lights up when she sees me and fusses for me when I walk away. The other girls were never super attached to me so this is kind of new and I'll admit, it's flattering!

She went to the doctor today for her check-up and she weighed in at a whopping 18 pounds and is already 26 inches long! These number put her in the 90th percentile for weight and 50th for height! Wow! For comparison's sake, at six months Brookie was 17 pounds, 9 ounces and Adrienne was 17 pounds, 7 ounces. She's just a tad bit bigger than her sisters were but not much.

The most exciting moment of Bailey's 6-month-birthday was when she had her first rice cereal tonight! She LOVED it. I made just a tiny bit but it clearly was not enough for her liking. She flipped out between each bite and her little hands shook with excitement as she tried to grab the spoon from me! We got lots of cute pictures and I'll try to post them soon. It was so much fun to feed her but at the same time kind of sad that she's already at this point.

I'm so thankful for my healthy, happy, beautiful Bailey girl. The past six months have been amazing with her in our family and I can't wait for the weeks, months, and years ahead as a family of five!

No comments: