Monday, August 6, 2012

Mr. Wonderful

I have been on the hunt for a new laptop for school because, while my little net book is great, it's just not capable of handling my full course load. Even though I knew I needed it, I'm always slow to spend money on myself and in this case, I had really been hesitant. I just figured that I would get one when the timing was right or when we saw the perfect deal and I had resigned myself to just working off the desktop for a while.

Well, John saw a great deal on a laptop in yesterday's Target ad. We talked about it and he did some research but I didn't think we would rush right out and buy it. Again, when it comes to myself, I rarely push to get something and would much rather save the money or spend it on someone else.

At 7 this morning I got a text message from John saying, "I got a late call. Running late, babe." I didn't think anything of it because that's not abnormal by any means. An hour and a half later I got another message telling me that he would be on his way home soon. I wasn't suspicious until I saw him walking into the house in street clothes. I couldn't imagine why he wasn't wearing his uniform but when I saw the Target bag in his hand, I instantly knew. I was elated that he had worked so hard to give me such an extravagant gift and surprise. Ah!! I'm such a spoiled woman!

I'm pretty impressed that he pulled this one off because I'm extremely nosey and I usually catch on quickly. His brother knows a lot about computers and they happen to work together.. even on the same shift right now... so they both went out to Target on absolutely no sleep. That right there had to have been a huge sacrifice for both of them! And the other thing that gets me is that John came into our room in the middle of the night to pack some clothes to go to the store in and I didn't even realize. Apparently I even talked to him but I have no recollection! Lol

Sometimes I wonder how I got so lucky to have such a caring and thoughtful husband. He really is amazing and he treats me like a princess! After almost 7 years of marriage he hasn't stopped seeking new ways to steal my heart again and again. My love grows for him every single day and I am so extremely blessed to have him in my life!

1 comment:

MrsMonicaLB said...

How very sweet of your hubby :-)