Sunday, August 5, 2012

Where to Begin???

Well hello, blogging world! Yes, I do still live and breathe... I'm just a very, very busy wife and mommy trying to juggle it all! I actually blame most of my lack of blogging on my iPhone. I got it a little over a month ago and I do almost all of my internet related activities on it so I'm rarely behind a computer these days, making blogging a forgotten thing. I'm determined to get caught up, though!

Let's see.. Last week we had Vacation Bible School (VBS) at church. Our church does it in the evenings from 5:30-8:30 so it pretty much wipes us out. The older girls had a blast and were sad when it was over but Bailey was pretty sick of being out so late every night. She goes to bed before 7 some nights so that really conflicted with her schedule. Here's to getting back on track!

Speaking of Bailey, she's actually pretty sick right now:-( She's been running a high fever and after a couple of days I took her to the doctor. I assumed it was just a virus and I was right.. Except for the doctor thinks it's the Herpes virus, giving her sores in her mouth and throat. I feel awful for her! That would definitely explain why she hasn't wanted to eat or drink. I can commiserate because I got it 2 weeks before my wedding and I had a severe case... I could eat or drink NOTHING and my throat and mouth were bleeding. It was horrible. It was a great way to trim off 10 pounds for my wedding dress, though! I'm just thankful that Bailey doesn't have it to the degree I did.

My sweet Brookie is anxiously counting down the days until Kindergarten. This mama isn't so ready but she reminds me everyday that she is. She wears around her new La-La Loopsie backpack and tonight she even tried to pack her lunch in her La-La Loopsie lunchbox. Lol. What am I going to do with her?? She also got a bunch of new school clothes and she tried every single outfit on. She's such a girl! I had to buy her 5T clothes for length but they're falling off of her.. I'm still trying to figure out what to do about that. She swims in the clothes but nobody wants to wear high waters, either!

Adrienne has been testing me lately. I know that 3-year-olds often assert their independence anyways but she's quite the strong-willed child. She has given up her afternoon nap, which is fine, but the hour that I require the girls to take quiet time has turned into her causing all sorts of trouble in her room and every single day it's the same battle. I sometimes feel like there is not one punishment in the universe that hurts her. I'm still racking my brains out trying to figure that one out..

It won't before we leave for our beach vacation! The only downer is that we leave on the 25th and my first day of  "school" is on the 27th... So I'll be doing schoolwork while we're gone. Grrr.. Nothing in life comes easy, though, and I know it will be worth it. Since it's the first week of classes I'm pretty sure that it won't be all THAT bad. Let's hope not, anyways!

Here's to blogging more often! Don't hold me to it, though:-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Did you know there's a Blogger app on iPhone?