Thursday, June 14, 2012

Fall Semester

Today was a very exciting day for me! After nearly 4 years of dreaming about going back to school, I finally got to sign up for my classes. I met with a really great advisor who was extremely helpful and wonderful and I feel like all of my questions were answered thoroughly.

This Fall I'm going to be taking 4 classes but one of them is a silly little one credit class. That one measly credit gives me the advantage of being considered "full time" and that means I get more financial aid that I wouldn't otherwise get. I'll be taking three classes online.. Human Biology and College Writing 2, along with that one credit class (which a Health Services Seminar.. and it's only for 5 weeks). The only class that I'll have to actually go to will be my math class and I have that from 4-5:50 on Tuesdays and Thursdays. It should be a pretty tolerable schedule and while I know it will be a lot of work, I feel comfortable with it. I also picked things that I'm good at for my first semester... Like my math class is algebra and trigonometry, which I excelled in in high school. The biology class is a big challenge but my advisor said that it's mainly memorization, as opposed to other biology classes where you have to understand concepts. I'm really good a memorizing things so I'm not overly concerned. I'm also really comfortable with writing so that should help me be successful!

I've never been a good student so it's really weird that I'm so eager and excited for school to begin. I keep wishing it was Fall just so my classes would start but I know that I'll regret that once school actually is in session. Lol. I really look forward to proving to others around me (and myself!) that I CAN get good grades and that I WILL achieve the goals that I've set.

I am so thankful for my amazing husband.. He's taking me to get a new laptop for school and he's been cheering me on and believing in my dream from the moment I first told him. I am so blessed to have his unending love and support. Because of him, I know that I'll be fully equipped for success!

No comments: