Thursday, June 21, 2012

Pre-K Graduation

Brooke graduated from Pre-K last Friday!! It's been kind of a long year of adjustment because we had never had a kid in school or a calendar to follow prior to Pre-K. Now that it's over, though, it's a little sad to think about next year and the high likelihood of many of Brooke's friends being in a different class. She's made one best friend that lives right down the road, along with many others.

They had a nice graduation ceremony where the kids sang and then they were issued a little diploma. Each student was asked, "What would you like to be when you grow up?" Most of the kids said a teacher, vet, police officer, mail man... But my Brookie proudly walked up to the microphone and said, "I want to be a mommy when I grow up." Everyone in the room went, "Aww!" It was precious and I was, of course, beaming with pride! That's all I ever wanted to be for as long as I can remember so it made me happy to hear her say that, even though she's only 5.

It's been nice having her out of school for the Summer and even though we're only on day 4 of break, it's been wonderful. We've been able to relax in our pajamas in the morning, instead of rushing out the door, and we've enjoyed playing outside in the pool, trampoline and swing set. I could definitely get used to this!

I'm so proud of my girl and for all of the things she learned and accomplished in Pre-K... She knows all of her letters and numbers and can now read small words. She's also attained a lot of social skills that she never had before and has started to come out of her shell so much. I know she will do great in Kindergarten and I can't wait to watch her grow even more!

No comments: