Friday, January 4, 2013

Kindergarten Blues

Here we are in January and every single morning I ache as I send my oldest daughter to school. She loves school and has so many friends, not to mention how very much she's learning. There's just something hard about letting a major piece of my heart go away for 8 hours a day. I think if I could text message or call her teacher throughout the day I would be doing much better... But I don't think that's happening anytime soon! Lol

This morning I watched her walk down the long hallway to her classroom, like I do every morning. The principal said, "It's still tough saying goodbye, huh mom?" I couldn't help but laugh and agree with her wholeheartedly. Maybe she said that because most parents don't stand their quite so long or maybe she could see the look on my face?

The unfortunate thing about all of this is that this is par for the course as a parent. We nurture them and love them without end, only to say "goodbye" for increasingly longer lengths of time. While they're away, we simply have to trust that we've raised them well enough to fly on their own. I just love these children so much and only wish I could keep them little for a while longer. I'm sure every parent has yearned for this at one point or another.

All I can say is, thank goodness it's Friday! I plan on enjoying every second with my girl.

No comments: