Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Recovering

Things have been awful around here! We have been plagued by the weirdest stomach bug that has pretty much had us out of commission for the past several days.

It all started early Saturday morning when Brooke threw up. She's the kind of kid who randomly throws up but then goes on the rest of the day and never acts sick again. However, she proved to me that she was actually sick when she thew up a couple more times. After that, though, she went on to eat like crazy, play as usual, and act completely normal. That night she slept through the night and woke up feeling well (and hungry!) so off to church we went.

Church was great! The girls were happy and we went to Wendy's for lunch afterwards, where both of them ate like champs. I assumed that we were past the bug. But as luck would have it, Brooke started throwing up everywhere at around midnight on Sunday night. She managed to get it all over every single blanket on her bed and then I brought her into my room where she did the same. It was a blast! Lol. I got her situated and back to sleep and then at 2, Adrienne started doing the same exact thing. She was up much of the night crying and throwing up and it was just insane. It was by the far the worst night of my life. Awful, awful, awful.

Yesterday morning both girl were grumpy and miserable but thankfully they were able to keep fluids down in small quantities. They were super exhausted, fussy, and clingy. I also had about 5 loads of laundry to do from all the throw up so it was a hard day to say the least. When John eventually woke up, he had an awful headache and at that point, I couldn't get either girl to stop screaming. I gave them both Ibuprofen (thinking that maybe their heads hurt, too) and seriously, half an hour later they were new kids. Talk about mother's intuition!

Both girls slept through the night last night and woke up completely happy and healthy. They've eaten well and played hard today and I'm confident that they are better... Or at least mostly confident, considering our previous experience! I hope we're in the clear!

1 comment:

rccalyn said...

I agree - that sounds like the worst night EVER! We haven't had many throw-up bugs, but they've been short and not too bad. Glad they're better!