Friday, January 13, 2012

It's A Hard Knock Life

My poor little Bailey hasn't felt well in so long and it's been very, very challenging around here. There are not words to describe just how thin I feel as though I'm being spread. Everything I do from going to the bathroom to cooking dinner is either done with Bailey in tow or with her screaming in the background. There are very few moments through the day when I'm not holding her and I feel so bad for the other girls who aren't getting the best of me. It's been rough. Mostly, though, I'm just feeling so sad for my baby who has got to be even more sick of this than I am!

It's been another long week... I took Bailey back to the doctor on Monday because she had thrush really bad from the last course of antibiotics she was on for her ears. The doctor discovered that both of her ears were severely infected still. He gave her an antibiotic shot in the office and then prescribed her an oral antibiotic. He told me to bring her back on Thursday to recheck her ears and I was shocked when he told me that her infection looked no better:-( So she had yet another shot and we were sent home with a new antibiotic to take. I have to take her back in tomorrow for another shot, too. It's just been A LOT to take care of.. The constant doctor trips, fighting with her over medicine, and mostly, having her be so grumpy and cranky all day, everyday.

I wish I had other things to write about besides ear infections but these weeks have been a blur! I feel like I'm just surviving and not achieving much these days. I've fallen behind on housework and laundry and various other things that I need to accomplish. I wish I was "Super Mom" during times like these:-(

No comments: