Thursday, April 26, 2012

Don't Worry.. I'm Still Alive!

I've said it before but being the mother of 3 have left me very little time for blogging. There have been so many little things that I could have posted about but at the end of the day, I'm fried. So, to get myself caught up, here's the latest:

*Brookie recently started playing T-Ball! One of our friends is coaching her team and somehow John ended up co-coaching with him. Our friends have a little boy her age and she secretly adores him and loves being on his team. It's cute though and she really seems to enjoy it. She's actually pretty athletic, which shocks me, considering my athletic ability and all. She looks super cute in her pink helmet and she's the tiniest member of her team, though she's not the youngest. My little girl is a peanut!

*Adrienne has us cracking up one minute and pulling our hair out the next. She's got quite the strong will and heaven help you if she doesn't want to do what you're asking her to. On the other side of the coin, though, she can be absolutely hilarious, sensitive and affectionate... Just you have to catch her on the right day. Lol. Oh yes, and she would like for us to call her "Dr. Rachel" now. I'm not really sure where she's comes up with these things!

*Bailey has us on our feet from sun up to sun down. She basically runs everywhere, climbs everything, and yields to nobody. Trying to contain that girl is like trying to contain a tornado! She keeps us super busy but laughing through it all. My older girls were always kind of reserved like their daddy but Miss Bailey has my personality and has never met a stranger. She is afraid of nobody and she loves to flirt and smile and random admirers. Her favorite word is "ugh oh" and she walks around throwing things all day long just she can use it appropriately. She's been wearing her eye patches for an hour a day and she handles it really well. It makes her mad at first but after the first few minute she gets over it and forgets about the patch even being there. On my last post (which will be 2 weeks from tomorrow) I mentioned that she had been running a low grade fever. I took her to the doctor where they found absolutely nothing wrong with her. She's continued to have an elevated temperature ever since (about 100.3-100.8) so today she had blood work drawn. I'm a little anxious to get the results and make sure she's okay..

*Last weekend we took a quick trip to Philadelphia with some friends. We drove down, went to the mall, had dinner, stayed overnight and then woke up, went to the zoo and came home. The girls enjoyed it (along with our friends' three boys) and the weather was gorgeous.. A sunny 80 degree day with a light breeze. Bailey, of course, wanted to walk everywhere, which made things a little crazy, but it was fun watching her explore the world. We didn't catch many pictures because of the chaos, though!

*We are still loving that John is on the day shift! We meet out at a restaurant for lunch probably once a week and on the other days he's usually able to come home. After him working nights for so long it's still weird that I can call/text him throughout the day. They're doing shift bids again for June and we're not sure if he'll get bumped back to nights but we're really enjoying the luxury of days while we have it!

I think that about sums it up! Phew.. I always feel so much better when I'm updated. I don't think  that I've gone this long between posts since I started blogging over 5 years ago. Here's to more frequent updates in the future!

No comments: