Monday, May 7, 2012

Kindergarten Screening

Wow! Today was a big day for my oldest daughter. She had her kindergarten screening and I'm wondering how she's already old enough for all of this. Where has my baby gone??

I watched the teachers ask her questions and work with her and I found myself feeling a little emotional over her growth and how big she's gotten. She scored in the 98th percentile overall and the teachers were very impressed with her knowledge and abilities.. They have to say that to me though, right?? Regardless, it made me very happy to see her excelling and doing so well.

My Brooke has been growing my leaps and bounds... She's started to read small words already. The other day John had some paper work out for work and Brooke read "traffic stops." I could hardly believe my ears! She has been sounding out words really well and she also knows how to spell small words and write them down. She's also been doing simple math like adding and subtracting. I am amazed at how quickly she's gone from not even being able to properly identify all of the letters and numbers to doing all that she can now.

I am so excited for the days ahead... I have so enjoyed watching her explore a new world of reading and writing. Just the other day she came up to me all excited and she had written "Brooke is a cat" on her paper. Haha. It definitely put a smile on my face. I sure do love that biggest girl of mine:) 5 is such a fun age!

No comments: