Thursday, May 10, 2012

What A LOOOOOOONG Week!

My week is dragging and I keep trying to enjoy these days, even though they have been long ones. It's a busy time of year for our family... This is when overtime shifts are abundant (the state funds additional DWI patrol in the summer months) so this is when John makes a bunch of extra money. I love him for it and appreciate the way he sacrifices but sometimes the long hours wear on me.

I have been alone every single night since Saturday night, with the exception of last night because John was off. He worked straight through his other day off, which should have been Tuesday. I went to my parent's house for dinner on Monday and it was a nice little break, but other than that, I have not had any dinner invitations or anything else to occupy our time. I'm fine all day long but once dinner time and bedtime hit, I kind of get lonely.

I'm proud of myself, though, because when John used to work evenings I would HAVE to do something, go somewhere or have someone over in order to fill the time. I just love people and when I go so many hours without anyone to talk to (that isn't a child), it weighs on me. It's nothing personal against the girls or anything... They're my world! It just is a lot to be the only person caring for all of them. Let's just say that I sleep well at night!

Thankfully, John will get out at 3 on Sunday and he wont' have any shifts until Wednesday morning. I can't wait! I'm sure there will be more overtime coming down the pike but it's definitely worth it to be able to stay home with my babies. I'm trying to focus on the positives because even during a challenging week, life is still wonderful!

No comments: