Friday, May 18, 2012

The Great Outdoors

All of my girls love to be outside.. I think they would rather run around in the yard or go to the park than do just about anything else. But Bailey takes it to the next level.. She loves to be outside so much that she stares out the windows or front door and screams when we're inside and if you dare run out to take the trash out or whatever, she flips out and throws herself on the ground. It's comical, actually.

The problem with the girls' love for the outdoors is that it's so draining for me right now. Bailey literally goes out the front door and runs down the sidewalk at record pace. She also has an infatuation with the road and that obviously scares me to death! It seems like she is about to kill herself at every turn and if you combine that with Brooke learning how to ride a bike without training wheels (and needing me every second) to Adrienne's many requests, it seems impossible! When John isn't home, I've been letting them just run around out back where we have a water table, sandbox, trampoline (And a surprise wooden swing set will be joining the mix in about a week!!!) and saving the bikes and stuff for when John get home.. But I just feel bad, like I'm not doing enough for them. Pretty soon we'll be opening up our pool and that will also be another almost-impossible-activity to do on my own.

I try to soak up the gorgeous sunshine and beautiful weather when I can because living in New York, the warm weather doesn't seem to last very long. It's just more of a sacrifice of my energy and sanity to keep the girls safe. We try to eat on the deck for as many meals as humanly possible and even that can turn chaotic pretty quick! Lol. Let's face it, it really is A LOT easier to stay inside- Nobody has to be lathered up with sunscreen and the chances of someone getting hurt are much slimmer.

I keep reminding myself that before long, they'll be grown and these "lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer" will be more lazy than crazy and somehow I'll miss that! That's what they keep telling me, anyways!! :-)

No comments: