Sunday, May 27, 2012

Happy Birthday, Adrienne!!

Dear Adrienne,

Today is your third birthday! There are simply not words to tell you just how much these years have meant to me and how much joy you have brought into my life, along with the lives of so many others around you. The way you live life with such fullness is such an inspiration!

Your biggest interests these days have been doing people's hair (mainly mine!) and taking care of your babies. You love to treat your babies like they're real and I often catch you "shhshing" them or pretending to nurse them. You are getting lots of practice to be a great mommy when you grow up! You are also very compassionate and helpful with Bailey and you are a huge helper to mommy.

You have such a hilarious personality and you keep us in stitches all day long.. When you're not being fiercely stubborn, that is! You love adventure and exploration and mischief seems to find you wherever you go... I think you "accidentally" clogged the toilet by using too much toilet paper about three times last week. And when I walked into the kitchen and saw you standing ON the counter holding a knife, I almost lost it! You also are VERY independent and take great offense to any help that is offered to you. This makes getting in and out of your car seat, bathing you, brushing your teeth, etc.. Just a little bit more challenging. You're worth it, though:-)

I feel so honored to be your mommy. The way you like up a room with your smile and live life with such enthusiasm is such a blessing to see. There is not a day that goes by that I do not look at you with amazement and wonder how in the world I was the one who God picked to be your mommy. I feel so inadequate sometimes because you deserve the very best.

I am so excited for the days ahead and I cannot wait to see who you'll turn out to be. I dream big dreams for you, baby girl, and I love you with every ounce of me! Happy Birthday, A!!

With all my heart,

Mama

No comments: