Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Flying Solo

The good Lord knew what he was doing by sending me my husband so early in life. It is a well known and continually proven fact that I'm just not good on my own. I'm not saying I'm an idiot who needs someone to walk her through every step but I definitely need to be kept company. If John isn't here I think of who I can call or send a text message to because I SO enjoy human interaction.

John left last evening to go to some shooting school for work and he won't be home until late tomorrow night. When his work asked him to go they also told him that they knew he had just had a baby and that it might be too much for me. What kind of wife would I be if I didn't allow him to have this opportunity though?? So of course I gave him my blessing and reassured him that I would be fine. Three days without him is obviously a lot of work for me but mostly, I'm just LONELY. I tell him everything and without his presence in this house things are just.... Empty. I sent him a message yesterday saying, "I'm so glad you're just out of town and not dead." Lol. I can't even imagine.

There is just something about a Daddy that makes children behave. At least in our house, anyways. He's also my best friend and I genuinely LOVE being with him so I'm kind of down in the dumps. I VERY much look forward to tomorrow night when he comes back home!

All of you military wives and single moms out there get mega credit from me. I don't see how you all do it on your own for so long. WOW!

No comments: