Monday, May 2, 2011

One Box of Clothes

It has been no secret that we are DONE having babies. I feel happy about that because I have this wonderful sense of completion when it comes to our family. It's also nice to be able to move forward, knowing that we'll never have to start over again. I'm totally at peace with being where we're at.

HOWEVER... There's this big box of maternity clothes in my bedroom that I've been having a hard time parting with. While I'm done have babies, I'm not quite as ready to never be pregnant again. It's kind of a weird mix emotions to be content but somehow having a hard time with this aspect of it. The thought of never having a baby again doesn't even remotely phase me but to never know the feeling of a baby inside of me again is what is sad.

It's silly because I don't want to give my box to someone I know because seeing the clothes on someone else would kind of make me a little sad. Silly, right? If I wasn't done it wouldn't be sad to see them on someone else but because I am, somehow it is. This is so irrational that I'm by no means expecting anyone to "get it." Lol

The bottom line is this... I've carried three precious babies in my womb, which is more than some women could ever even dream for, and for that I am blessed beyond measure. It's time to move on from this stage of my life and on to the next one. That brings me back to this question though... What about that darn box of clothes????

2 comments:

rccalyn said...

I totally understand! Although, I'm not ready to be done :-) It's so weird to think about though! I'm holding on to the hope than Dan will give in in about 3 years...lol.

*~tRiStYn MiChElLe~* said...

yup...i totally get it. although I think im more attached to the boys clothes than maternity ones. I feel like I wanna keep all of their clothes bc they hold so many memories...:( its just sad.