Friday, May 27, 2011

Happy Birthday, Adrienne!!

My precious Adrienne,

It's hard for me to believe that two whole years have passed since I first met you. I looked into your big blue eyes and instantly fell in love with you. It's amazing how my heart grew the day that you were born!

Through your life I am continually reminded to appreciate the small things in my own.. The beautiful blue bird outside the window in the morning, the raindrops falling from the sky and even the dandelions that are taking over our yard. You are continually amazed by the beautiful, yet common, things around you and I love that about you. You live life so large and everything seems to be a gift to you!

I love the way that you can light up a room with your goofiness or crazy dancing, spinning, or twirling. Your timely jokes and lighthearted smiles make our family that much more happy. You don't really take too much in life seriously and when somebody makes you made you just get over it. It's so funny that even though I'm the mommy here, YOU are the one teaching ME!

These past few months have been crazy with a new baby sister and all but you have been so loving to Bailey and you're a huge help to me. In the midst of all of the change in our lives, my love for you has never changed and I will always, always look at you as my baby.

You have such a beautiful personality, my sweet daughter. You are so much like your Daddy.. You love your time to yourself, you are often quiet and you have to take your time warming up to new people. To go along with that, you are also fiercely stubborn, absolutely afraid of NOTHING and so extremely tough. You have about a million scabs and bruises on you from falling countless times. It never seems to bother you and you rarely shed a tear. Most of all, though, you are incredibly sweet and hate to see people sad. You have a HUGE heart!

I cannot wait to watch you grow, princess! The past two years have meant the world to me.. To be there for you every step of the way and to be the one you want when you're sad or happy or hurt or excited. I love being your Mommy and am SO proud of you and in this life of change and uncertainty, that is one thing that you can always depend on. I love you so incredible much!

With all my heart,
Mama

1 comment:

MrsMonicaLB said...

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY Adrienne!