Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Freaky

Yesterday morning John came home from work and found some rather disturbing "artwork" on our sidewalks... There were witch symbols, written using Brooke's sidewalk chalk, and underneath them it said, "We won't die." That means that somebody not only came onto our front porch and got the chalk but then they also chose to write freaky and awful things on OUR property.

John researched some of the symbols that were written and one of them stood for "anarchy." Apparently it's part of some teenage movement these days that basically throws out laws and authorities and laughs at anyone trying to tell them what to do. Maybe I'm off base on this but I'm pretty sure that that feels like a personal attack on my husband, as he enforces the law.

Back in April of 2009 we had our trashcans burned in front of our house one night. That had me freaked out for a long time because that also felt like an attack on John, as we live in his jurisdiction. I had finally gotten over that and brushed it off as an isolated incident and now this!

I had a really hard time sleeping last night. I know that God watches over our house and protects us. I know that he's greater than any witchcraft or evil powers that be but it's still unsettling. To make matters worse, at 4 this morning my phone rang. Anytime I get a call in the middle of the night the first thing that goes to my mind is that John is hurt or something is wrong. It turned out to be Time Warner to let us know that our home security system detected motion in our living room. Our alarm was going off and I was too out of it to even hear it. Anyways, they were going to contact the police but I told them not to since I could obviously just call them myself. John came home quickly and it turned out to be that nobody was in the house but I'm still a little anxious about why in the universe that motion detector went off. It really makes you think....

John's working tonight and I must say, even with the home security system, I'm not at ease. Every noise has my heart in my throat and I HATE feeling like this. I know that a bunch of punk kids probably did that to our sidewalks but it's still horrifying to think of what's going on around this house while I sleep here ALONE!

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

That is very scary. I will pray that you stay protected.

Simply Complicated said...

Ya pretty sure I'd be freaking out and unable to sleep for sure!!! Maybe you guys should get a dog :-)