Friday, July 8, 2011

Gone Are the Days of Blogging....

Man, I've neglected my blog so much lately. I love to write about our adventures but when you have three kids and beautiful summer weather it's hard to find the time and motivation.

Let's see... What's new? We thoroughly enjoyed celebrating the 4Th! John happened to have the ENTIRE holiday off which was a huge treat:-) We took the girls to the fireworks TWICE and despite the fact that everyone was exhausted after the second night, it was completely worth it. Adrienne was unenthused by them (which is totally her personality) and Brooke was amazed and couldn't get enough of them. Bailey slept peacefully through them on both nights so that was an added bonus. We also went to a parade and had a huge family barbecue/pool party at our house. Yes, we were very patriotic because we definitely went all out! Lol.

Bailey moved into her room last Saturday night and I cried like a baby! I wondered how the transition would go but she has started sleeping even longer stretches than she was in our room. Lately she's been sleeping from 9 at night til 8 the next morning. It's BLISS!! I'm not really sure why God gives me the babies that sleep but I'll take it without absolutely NO complaining!! She's also started to take a regular nap from me from 2 in the afternoon til about 4:30 or 5. This is very handy when it comes to getting dinner together!

Adrienne is doing quite well with the potty training. She'll go days on end without any accidents but then she'll have one day where she has many. She's in panties full time but I look forward to the day when she'll be on auto pilot when it comes to the potty and where I don't have to constantly ask her or worry about her needing to go! I'm pretty impressed with her, though, and all the hard work is paying off. She's EXTREMELY stubborn so sometimes getting her to go before we leave the house or simply because I think she needs to is a big battle. If I let her go on her own she's fine but heaven help me if I ask her. Fighting with her is draining! She's a two-year-old through and through!

I have nothing new to report about Miss Brooke but I feel bad not giving her her own paragraph like the other girls. I'm such a mom, right? She has been exceptionally nice to Adrienne lately and she treats both of her sisters like her daughters. Lol. I love it! She's such a cleaner, organizer, and helper and sometimes I have to tell that child to just be 4. Man alive! She acts like she's 30 sometimes but that's what makes her uniquely Brooke. She is so much like her mama that it's not even funny!

We're in the midst of a two day yard sale at John's parents' house and after 10ish hours our in the sun today I'm completely dead. We made $100 bucks though which is decent for what we sold! Brooke had a lemonade stand that was for tips only and made a whopping 12 bucks off it today. What a profitable business for her! Haha! Anyways, I better get my butt to bed to do it all over again tomorrow. It feels nice to get rid of clutter though so I'm certainly NOT complaining!

No comments: