Tuesday, July 12, 2011

A Perfect Day

I love how God just gives you incredible, stress-free days mixed in the middle of all of the challenging ones while raising children. It seems to me like one wonderful day, like I had today, makes up for about 10 of the awful ones.

The girls were just so awesome today.. Compliant, happy, goofy, sweet. Bailey slept 14 hours last night, Adrienne slept til 9, and Brooke slept until 8. Maybe the amazing sleep was part of this equation to an awesome day? I don't know but whatever it was, it sure made for one of those days where motherhood seems all worth it. The highlights of my day were the stolen moments that I had with each of my girls individually to just dote on them, tickle them, and tell them how loved they are. Whenever I can get time with one of them all alone simply for the fact that I want to shower my love on them is precious time.

This afternoon we built a "tent" in the living room and after we made our "campfire" we read library books for at least half and hour. Bailey was sleeping in her bed so Adrienne got to rest on my lap while Brooke snuggled right up under my arm. We flipped through book after book and it was such a special way to spend our time together.

Man, I have my days where being a mommy seems like such an impossible task. I wonder how I have the strength for the daily challenges we face but today has left me rejuvenated and full of joy! I am so thankful for the three precious children that God has entrusted to me! I'm SO blessed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE days like this - Ray and John have them too and they remind me just how much I love being a mom....sometimes the bad days make me forget that.... ;)