Monday, December 5, 2011

"It's YOUR Fault!"

Ah, you gotta love the two-year-old stage... You know, the stage where they have to anything and everything for themselves, by themselves. My stubborn little Adrienne insists on doing things her way and in her time, with absolutely no help from her mama. It requires a great deal of patience on my part and sometimes letting her walk out of the house with her underwear inside out or pants on backwards. It's not worth crushing her spirit, most of the time!

But... The one thing that I DO require for her is to put a Pull-Up on before bed each night! She still doesn't wake up dry in the morning and since she was potty trained so early I haven't really pushed it. I think it's developmental and that she'll get it eventually. So anyways, we gave her her pajamas and Pull-Up and told her to get ready for bed. We tucked her in and called it a night.

The next morning she came waddling down the stairs and I could tell her pajamas were wet. I figured she had just leaked out of the Pull-Up but she looked at me and said, "It's your fault!" I then felt her and realized that she had forgotten to put her Pull-Up on! I laughed hysterically and so did she. It was such a hilarious moment! After a quick bath before breakfast and some clean sheets, we were as good as new.

There is never a dull moment in this house! My girls keep me on my toes and they sure know how to make me laugh:-) Needless to say, we'll be monitoring Miss Adrienne's bedtime attire more carefully!

1 comment:

rccalyn said...

Hahahahaha! Hilarious story :-)