Friday, December 2, 2011

The Best Birthday Gift

Today is my birthday and my husband gave me the best gift he could have possibly given me... His time! He suprised me on Sunday night and told me that he didn't have to be back into work until 5 days from then, which is unfortunately tonight. During his glorious break, he gutted my laundry room and built me a beautiful new pantry. It turned out great and I feel so spoiled:-) Having him home was absolutely amazing and it was such a treat to have an unexpected break from the hustle and bustle of his job.

My birthday was very special today! John, the girls and I went to lunch with my parents at Olive Garden and then John took me to Target so I could do some of my coupon shopping. I got paid $15 to buy 23 bottles of shampoo/conditioner so that just about made my birthday! After the thrill of bargain shopping, we went home and had some down time before heading back out to my birthday party with my side of the family. John's birthday is a week from today so it was actually our joint party and my parents bought us a beautiful 32 inch flat screen TV for our bedroom. We are so spoiled!

My girls were awesome today, too, and before putting them to bed they were so happy and goofy together. I couldn't help but sit back and stare at them and feel like the most blessed woman on the planet. I have such a wonderful life!

I'm off to send my husband out the door for work. It's hard not to be sad but I'm so extremely thankful for the incredible week that we had!

No comments: