Thursday, November 24, 2011

With Thanks Overflowing

We had a Thanksgiving service at church last night and we were asked to share what we were thankful for. I'm rarely a woman who is at a lack for words but last night I was. I couldn't think of one single thing to share because my heart was overflowing with gratitude and amazement over how much God has blessed my family and me. I could sit here for hours naming things, people, opportunities and circumstances that I'm thankful for... And I'm pretty sure the list would never end.

We had such a wonderful day today! The girls and I met my mom and sister at McDonald's for breakfast, which is a Thanksgiving morning ritual. After that, we came home and pigged out on some goodies while watching the parade. As we all sat on the couch together, I couldn't help but sit back and stare at my daughters and my husband in amazement that Lord has blessed me, of all people, with them as my family. It was such a perfect time that we shared and some precious memories were made today!

Our Thanksgiving feast went off without a hitch today. Not only did we have some delicious food and countless desserts, but the love and laughter shared around the table trumped all of that. And I'm pretty sure nobody left hungry:-)

I am mindful, today especially, that I cannot lift my head up off of the pillow in the morning with God. I cannot do anything in and of myself and I acknowledge that it is Him that has given me everything in my life that I hold dear. That is precisely the reason that I am thankful for way too many things to even list.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all! I hope your day was as perfect as mine:-)

No comments: