Saturday, November 12, 2011

I'm Going to Miss This

As I've said before, we're not going to be having any more babies. This decision was prayerfully made and we feel at peace about the family God has given us. It's quite painful to think about never being pregnant again (so I try not to dwell on it) but other than that, I've been pretty eager to move out of these crazy baby years we've been in for so long. I absolutely hate the adjustment a newborn comes with and getting everyone on the same schedule and creating a "new normal" is just not something I enjoy. I've always told John that when Bailey is Brooke's age (she'll be 5 in February),  life will maybe, just maybe, be easy again. Lol.... Maybe just a little easier??!?!

Despite not liking new adjustments and adapting to yet another person, Bailey's life has been a wonderful adventure. She's so precious and right now, everything is an awakening to her. She stares at her hands in wonderment, is starting to cruise all over the house, successfully pushes a walker around the living room and is exploring all sorts of new territory. It's great fun to watch her and to see her playing with her big sisters that she adores so much.

I had a moment with my youngest baby yesterday that made me realize just how much I'll miss the fleeting baby years... She heard me running her bath and she came crawling in the bathroom as fast as she could, pulled up on the tub and starting breathing really fast with excitement. She absolutely loves her bath and to see her able to express that me was just priceless. It was just a small little moment but it melted my heart and reminded me of her innocence at this age.

I'm not going to be sad to ditch the infant car seat or the unpredictable napping schedule we deal with some days. It will also be nice when all of my children are able to feed themselves or use the bathroom without help... But for now, this is where we're at in life and I intend on enjoying it to the absolute fullest! I'm pretty sure that when Bailey' older I will miss these precious, crazy years.

No comments: