Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Childlike Faith

My oldest daughter had something huge happen in her life today... She asked Jesus to come into her heart! We have family devotions each night and try to talk with our children about the things of God as much as possible. From that, she started asking John questions about salvation a few weeks back and today, he lead her in a sweet prayer. We truly believe that it was a sincere prayer and are very excited that our daughter has already made the most important decision of her life!

I, too, was very young when I was saved... I had just turned 5. I grew up in a pastor's home, hearing about the Bible and salvation my whole life, and sometimes I take the Bible for granted, I think. I've heard all of the stories countless times and sometimes it's easy to think of them as just that... "Stories" instead of remembering that they really did happen. I love how Brooke is amazed at each story, each scripture and each verse. She takes it all in complete faith. It's so refreshing to see her enthusiasm for the things of God and it's encouraging to me in my own spiritual walk!

No comments: