Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The Holiday Season is HERE!!

Ah, this time of year is so wonderful! I love how the stores have a separate area designated just for holiday baking. I love the Christmas commercials and the way garland and lights are already decorating our small town. I love the small Christmas tree that is lit in Brooke and Adrienne's room. It's the most amazing time of year and everything seems to come alive.

Right now I'm most excited for Thanksgiving. I host John's side of the family each year, which is about 20 people. It's funny to think that I ever thought that seemed like a huge undertaking because after doing it for 4 years I really do have it down to a science. I prep most of the stuff the day before and then, on Thanksgiving Day, all I really have to do is roast the turkey, make the veggies and peel the potatoes. No big deal at all! I really look forward to all the cooking but this year may be a bit more challenging with a VERY mobile baby. I long for the day when the girls are old enough to be my "sous chefs" in the kitchen. They love to "help" now but you know how that goes:-) Anyways, all of my shopping is done for our feast, as of today. Just a few more last minute things need to be purchased and we'll be all set!

I'm also excited because I have at least half of our Christmas shopping done and designated funds for items that have yet to be purchased. I'm so excited to be able to truly focus on Jesus' birthday this year and not have to be shackled with money/shopping worries. It's going to be the best Christmas ever!!

I love this time of year so very much that I'm already sad thinking about it being over. I hope it doesn't fly by so quickly.. But I'm guessing it will. I plan on savoring every last minute!

No comments: