Sunday, August 29, 2010

Mellow Yellow

In case you don't me, I'm kind of... Intense. Lol. I'm always going a million different directions and am kind of particular about how I like things. Sitting still is not something that I do well and I'm rarely quiet. I dive into things head first, most of the time without much thought, and enjoy going against the grain. My dad always jokes that I was born complaining about the temperature in the delivery room. Thanks Dad! I am your typical "type A" personality and that's just how I'm wired apparently. I am extremely thankful for my amazing husband is the polar opposite of me and keeps me grounded. What would I do without him?

When I had Brooke and she was quiet and introverted, cautious and guarded, I completely credited John for her personality. She has always slept well and been extremely compliant and very happy to play on her own. She is particular, however, and likes things to be a certain way. She hates messes and freaks out when things don't go according to her plan. Despite that, I still thought that she was extremely laid back.

Next Adrienne came along... She slept through the night in her crib at about 2 weeks of age and has never looked back. She has always eaten like a pro, accepted any sippy cup that we've given her, and been overall happy to be just about anywhere. She is a little bit more mischievous than Brooke was as far as getting into things and she loves to create messes, but seriously, you have never met a more mellow creature until you have met Adrienne. Sure, she has her moments, but for the most part, she occupies herself quietly with shoes, books, buckles, and baby dolls. She doesn't really get overly excited or upset about things but instead, just kind of takes it all in stride. She is hilarious and silly for most of the day but when you tick her off or hurt her feelings she just furiously sucks away at her thumb. Lol. So cute:-)

I am starting to believe that baby #3 will be a terror!! Haha! How could I, of all people, have a super content child and then give birth to an even more mellow kid? I just don't get it. Do I even want to know what the payback will be like? Because let's face it... I kind of have it coming to me BIG time!!

1 comment:

Tiff said...

haha, I tell myself everyday that Molly is my payback. She has my impatience, and my stubbornness (she's even more so in those aspects than I am), but she's a hoot and keeps me on my toes. She comes up with something new every day, it just amazes me. She's such a spitfire, and a tom boy, and the furthest thing from being laid back, lol. So I'm really hoping #2 will be laid back, because if not, then I'm in trouble!