Thursday, September 2, 2010

Welcome, September!!

Ah, I'm SO HAPPY that it's September! Hopefully it means that life will settle down once the crazy summer ends. I also love when all the kids go back to school because then I get my nice quiet stores and parks back when I'm out and about during the week. After the non-stop busy couple of months that we just lived through, I'm ready for things to stop moving at warp pace!

I have decided that I'm turning into a northern girl through and through. Having lived in Texas for the first 9 years of my life, I used to cringe at the thought of being cold and I only ever wanted hot temperatures. Now I'm roasting when it's 80 and longing for the cool New York Fall weather in the 50's and 60's. Today it was 95 (which is not extremely common) and it was dreadful! I'm super excited for this weekend when it's supposed to be in the 60's and rainy. That is perfect weather if you ask me!

My favorite days are when we stay in and read books, bake, play, clean, and cook comfort food for dinner. There's nothing like the smell of Autumn leaves or the smell of your furnace kicking on for the first time of the season. I can't wait for bushel upon bushel of apples that I will turn into countless pies, breads, muffins, applesauce, dumplings, and all manner of other wonderful goodies. I love to distribute all of these goodies between neighbors and family. I'm also SUPER excited about Thanksgiving where I will cook dinner for about 20 people. It's one of my favorite things to do each year!

Fall is going to cost me a pretty penny this year because Brooke had a huge growth spurt. She has gotten a lot taller so despite all of her clothes (down to like 18 months!) fitting her waist, she has got to go up to a 3T for length. She also needs all new shoes and socks but that's to be expected. We've been buying things here and there but I'm thankful that we can kind of ease into the cooler weather so it won't be all at once. I'm encouraged though because Brooke has an enormous box of hand-me-downs for Adrienne.. Lots of beautiful dresses and jeans! I even found a pair of Brooke's old size 5 Nike's that were barely worn so that saves about 30 bucks right there! Despite spending money, I love buying clothes for the girls and it's so fun to dress them for the cooler weather. Have I mentioned that I LOVE this time of year?

So bye-bye lazy, hazy, crazy days of Summer. Fall is here to take over and that is just fine by me!

No comments: