Thursday, September 9, 2010

Refreshed

John and I got home yesterday afternoon to 2 very happy little girls! I'm not sure if they were happy to see US or the bags of popcorn and peanuts that we hoarded for them from our all-you-can-eat seats at the game. Haha! It was so great to see them and it was even better to hear that they had behaved like little angels, slept great, and kept up with their regular routines. Oh yes, and my house was spotless... Just like I like it:-) Again, we were SO BLESSED by John's parents here. It was incredible!

I cannot say enough nice things about my husband and the time that we had together. Even the long 5 hour car ride was fun and I don't remember laughing that hard in a long time! John is everything to me... He's my best friend, my confidant, and the person who knows me best. Though we love our children and love being with them, it was so nice to be able to just get away and be carefree together.

We had an absolute blast at the game. The seats were awesome and the best part? John caught a foul ball off of is favorite player's bat! That right there was amazing! The Braves ended up losing 5-0 which was a bummer but we had such a great time that it didn't seem to matter nearly as much. At one point the rain started coming down HARD and it was freezing so we ran for cover and laughed and talked as we waited for the rain to stop. After a short rain delay the game resumed but even that wait was fun!

We stayed at a beautiful hotel, got to walk through downtown Pittsburgh, and most importantly, were able to eat at Chick Fil A on the way home!!! We don't have them in New York so our vacations always revolve around finding me that precious restaurant. Pretty sad, I know!

John's getting ready to leave for work now which stinks but I feel so refreshed and refueled. I am so thankful for an amazing trip with my amazing husband!

The view from our seats...



No comments: