Monday, September 6, 2010

So Much To Smile About!

I am so excited to announce that today I became an aunt again.. For the the third time now! My brother's wife gave birth to a very handsome little guy this evening. His name is Ryan Jared and he weighed in at 7 pounds, 11 ounces. He's absolutely precious and I feel so blessed to be able to have another special child in my life to love on. The miracle of life NEVER gets old, does it?

In other exciting news, tomorrow morning John and I are leaving for a 2 day trip! He's a huge Atlanta Braves fan so we're driving to Pittsburgh to see them play. The tickets there were so cheap and we figured it wouldn't be quite as busy of a city. We got 2 tickets along the right field line with all-you-can-eat passes for a grand total of $87. Can't beat it! I'm so excited to be out late tomorrow night at the game without any responsibility. It will sure be weird, though! I feel very blessed because John's parents are actually going to stay at our house so we don't have to uproot the girls. I was anxious to leave Adrienne but she never wakes up at night so I feel confident that everyone will be able to sleep well tomorrow night. With the girls being home I won't really worry about them as much as I would otherwise. John and I will head home on Wednesday morning so we'll be back before they know it! John and I so need this after him working 12 hour shifts for the past 3 days and just catching each other in passing. I can't wait for all of the one-on-one time we'll get to enjoy with one another!

Alrighty, off to go pack and get everything ready for our trip. I CAN'T WAIT! Hopefully the Braves will even WIN for us tomorrow, too!

No comments: