Sunday, September 26, 2010

Feeling Human!

On Thursday I went to my primary care doctor and on top of running a 103 degree fever (which mind you, started while I was in the ER), my lungs sounded worse than ever. It didn't take her long to determine that I had pneumonia. She couldn't believe that they didn't catch that in the ER the night before and was really surprised that they had just let me go home. She gave me lots of wonderful medicine... Steroids, a strong antibiotic, and some other medicine to control my asthma. Within 24 hours I was feeling semi-normal again and now I'm feeling pretty decent! I've started to sleep through the night again (YAY!) and regain my energy so that's good. I'm a little anxious about how I'll feel when those wonderful medicines stop this week but I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

John and I had a wedding to go to for one of his work friends last night. It was nice to be able to get all dressed up and out for the night with my man.. Especially after being caged in the house for so long. I was really sad to leave the girls since I had been away from them so much due to being so sick but my parents took amazing care of them. I don't know about anybody else but I happen to think that grandparents are the best!

I was just thinking today that I am so thankful for medicine and doctors (Well, doctors that actually know how to do their jobs!). People used to die of simple illnesses like pneumonia but now that we have such awesome technology and medicine we don't have to suffer. What a world!

No comments: