Saturday, September 4, 2010

Potty Prodigy

I am amazed at Adrienne lately! Every night before bath time she was looking at the potty and saying, "Uh, uh!" like she wanted to be put on it. I never thought to put such a young baby on there but I've started doing it and she goes on demand for me all the time. It's remarkable! I put her on in the morning when she gets her diaper changed and even if she has nothing in there she'll push and push until her little face is red. It's so funny! We also follow the same routine at night. Now she looks at the potty and says, "pee pee."

Another thing that she's been doing is telling me before she goes poop. She'll say "poo poo" and then go but I haven't actually caught her yet to put her on the potty for it. If I'm in the middle of something it hardly seems worth it to take her pants off, rip off her diaper, and rush her to the potty.. Though I know I should.

She's WAY too young to be potty trained but holy cow, she's a step ahead of where Brooke was at this age. I'm certainly not expecting her to be out of diapers anytime relatively soon but I'm definitely going to continue following her lead with the potty!

No comments: