Wednesday, November 4, 2009

And So It Begins...

John wasn't supposed to start his new schedule until tomorrow night but his sergeant called him and he has to start tonight:-( I think that the first couple of nights are going to be the most difficult so I guess it's best to just get them over with.

Right now I keep thinking to myself, "If John was on that other shift, he would be coming home in less than an hour." BUT, I can't think like that because if he was on the other shift, he also would have missed a nice night at home with us tonight, too. It's a trade off and I know that I just need to keep a good attitude about it. I KNOW we can do this and I KNOW we have made it work in the past and I just need to focus on that.

In other news, I think my Brookie is getting sick:-( She just started today with a nasty cough and runny nose so I'm HOPING it's just a cold but she's been coughing pretty bad since we put her to bed. We decided to stay home from church tonight to not get other people sick and so she could rest. I love going to church and I feel like it's important to be there but not at the expense of getting people sick. Even though we missed being at church, we had a really nice lazy night at home and I made breakfast for dinner. I love it!

Well, that about sums it up for today. I'm off to go send my husband out the door. I can almost guarantee that it will be a long night for me as I HATE sleeping without him. I know, I know.. We'll adjust.

No comments: