Saturday, November 14, 2009

Returning to Normal

It has been a slow transition from sick to healthy in our home but I think it's safe to say that things are almost normal again! YAY! Brooke woke up Wednesday fever-free but was still miserable, sleepy, and she wouldn't eat. Thursday she was a little bit better and it's only been uphill from there. Thank you, Lord! As for me, I feel great.. Maybe a little bit sleepy from it all, but I feel as healthy as I can be!

I am so happy for Brooke because she got to go to the Sight and Sound Christmas show with my parents and her cousin, Nathan. My parents have had this planned since April so when she got sick last week, I was a little bit worried that she would have to miss out. Thankfully she was well enough to go, though! They left yesterday morning and went to the show and stayed in a hotel and she should be home within a couple of hours. I was a little bit anxious about her going just because she's been SO sick, but obviously I trust my parents to care for her... After all, they raised ME and I'm not so bad! Lol! My mom said that she was laughing and singing and running around just like old times and that put a huge smile on my face when I heard that:-)

John has been off since Wednesday morning so when he goes back in tonight, it's going to be so sad. I have enjoyed having him home SO VERY MUCH and it's never, ever the same without him here. We're loving the new schedule though, even if it means that we're apart at night. Having him home for dinner and bedtime is a more than fair trade off.

We're hosting Thanksgiving for John's family (about 20 people) again this year and I'm really looking forward to it. His family always draws names for Christmas gifts(because they have a large extended family) but John and I aren't participating in that this year... We're going to give Thanksgiving dinner as our gift to everyone! I can't wait to make it extra special for everyone and for them to just be able to come and relax. I just started my shopping for that this week and I will feel much better when that aspect of it is all out of the way.

Alrighty, it's time to go clean up this house. It kind of looks like a cyclone hit it after everyone being so sick!

1 comment:

rccalyn said...

Yay, I'm so glad you're all healthy finally!