Thursday, October 28, 2010

Is It Christmas YET?????

My silly Brooke has been hilarious today! Well, everyday but especially today. She's been asking a lot of questions lately about the upcoming holidays and she's REALLY excited about everything coming up. We've been trying to explain that Christmas is pretty soon but it's not quite here yet. Yeah, kind of hard to explain to a 3-year-old who wants everything NOW.

This morning Brooke woke up and said, "It's Thanksgiving today!" When I told her no she said, "Oh that's right... It's Christmas today!!" She was REALLY excited about it. You have no idea! I told her that in about two months it would be Christmas but we had the whole holiday season to enjoy it so it would be here very soon. She bought into that and kind of settled down.

Then, on the way home from some errands today she said, "Christmas is on Saturday!" Again, we had the talk and she cried when I burst her bubble. I put her up in her bed for nap time and she drifted off to sleep singing, "Christmas is only 2 mumps away!" Hahahaha! I love that girl:-)

I can't really blame Brookie for being so confused. After all, I've had Christmas music on in the house for over a month now and all the stores have their decorations out. She has every right to be frustrated that it's taking so long!

I'm SO excited to experience Christmas with my girls this year. Obviously I'll love watching Adrienne but Brooke has such a huge grasp and understanding so it's going to be real blast to see it through her eyes. I'm with Brooke.. Get here already, Christmastime!

No comments: