Saturday, November 6, 2010

All Fired Up!

I read a quote today that raised my blood pressure in seconds. It said, "The happiest women depend on men for absolutely nothing." WHAT?????? Are you serious? Why are we such a warped feminist society where we think that depending on a man is some horrible thing? I'm just lost on this one.

I depend on my man for lots of things, let me tell you. I depend on him to be my best friend because when he tells me that I'm beautiful, special, smart, worth something... I believe it. I depend on him to provide for our family, not because I can't make money or have no drive to work, but because HE thinks that what I'm doing at home is of utmost importance. In fact, he's putting on his uniform right now to go work on his night off because he knows I depend on him. I depend on him to help me raise our kids and take care of them... Not because I'm incapable of doing it but because God designed children to need daddies. I depend on him to love me because he, second to God, is the most important person in my life. Yes, I may depend on my husband for many things but I'm thankful that I have a wonderful man that I can depend on. What in the universe is wrong with that?

This culture just sickens me. It really does. God designed the man to be the head of the family structure and that's just not a popular idea today. I submit to my husband out of love for him but ya know what? Because he loves me and sees my best interest at heart, it's rare that the decisions he makes are that opposite from what I want. He's not some dictator who rules with an iron fist... We're a team. And when we do clash? We talk about it and come to common ground. It's about a mutual respect and love for one another and just because he's the head of our household, he's not superior to me... We just have different roles.

I also get really frustrated that so many people that I encounter say that I "don't work." At the doctor's office they say, "So, you're unemployed?" Another person told me, "Well you don't work so it's easier for you." Excuse me? I don't drop my child off at daycare for 8 hours a day so yes, you work out of the home, but when I'm home during those 8 hours, I'm working. I get no lunch or coffee breaks like working moms do so don't diminish the fact that I work extremely hard from home. I'm by no means out to judge working moms out there.. I'm just saying that I hate being compared to them because what I do is every bit as important and challenging.

Maybe the person who quoted this is deceived into believing that dependence equals being treated like a doormat? I'm not really sure. I just know that as a woman, I love looking at my husband and knowing that he is strong enough for me to depend on him. While I know that I have the brain power and work ethic to work for myself and depend on nobody, I'm thankful that I don't have to!

No comments: