Thursday, November 4, 2010

Perplexed

It all started on Sunday when Adrienne came down with a cold. I was waiting and waiting for Brooke to get sick also but it took her a couple of days. On Tuesday morning she woke up with a fever close to 103 and because Adrienne hadn't been running a fever with her cold I was confused. I got her in to see the doctor where he said that some kids spike fevers with colds and that all else was fine.

Wednesday came and Brooke woke up energetic and happy, and most importantly, fever-free! We went about our day like normal because I was assuming that it was just a cold and not a virus or anything else. That evening she started to get really cranky and exhausted and her fever came back up to like 102.

This morning she woke up with a fever again. Despite that, she plays happily throughout the day when the fever is controlled and her appetite is actually normal, as well. She gets grumpy when she's sleepy or running a fever but other than that, is a total joy.

I don't understand this fever's randomness. Ya know? None of it makes sense to me. If it was a virus I would expect Adrienne to have the same symptoms. The doctor said if the fever is still here by Friday to bring her back and they'll run blood work to check for infection but I'm praying that she wakes up back to normal in the morning. Poor baby!

If these colds and fevers are any indicator of how our winter will go, I think I may give up now! Yikes... Keeping kids healthy is tough during the cold months.

2 comments:

mrs. fuzz said...

I HATE winter illnesses! When you are single it is no biggie, but when you have little ones, it can be so stressful on so many levels!

our baby had the weird fever thing and behavior. We are just seeing what happens and hoping it will fade away. . .

ruby in UB said...

I hope you baby get well soon