Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving Recap.. Late, I Know!

I had wonderful intentions of getting on and sharing all about my wonderful Thanksgiving and all of the many things that I'm thankful for. Thanksgiving was amazing and went off without a hitch! Everything turned out great and it was a really wonderful day.

Then... My lofty goals came to a screeching halt when BOTH girls caught a stomach bug (at separate times). I have been in a fog of exhaustion and throw up over the last couple of days and I'm HOPING we've reached the end of it. Brooke's bug started on Friday night when she came into my room and threw orange cupcake up everywhere. That was a fun mess. Lol. She started to get better on Saturday morning so it was a quick moving bug. Once we got caught up from all of that laundry and exhaustion, Adrienne got the same bug.. Only worse.. on Sunday night. She's basically herself today, just really sleepy, and as for me, I'm exhausted! Soaking sheets and scrubbing carpets in the wee hours of the morning has a way of doing that to ya! In the midst of it, though, I still love being a mommy and caring for my girls. It's all worth it!

We just put our Christmas tree up tonight and it's absolutely beautiful! Adrienne was afraid of it at first but I think she'll be okay. Lol. She was more interested in eating candy canes than helping decorate. Figures, right? I'm really excited about the wonderful month of Christmas celebrations we have ahead of us. It's by far my most favorite time of the year.

Well, John's off so I think I'm going to go relax with him. I'm seriously keeping my fingers crossed that the bug doesn't catch us next. Yikes!

No comments: