Friday, November 5, 2010

Mystery Solved??

Despite being up crying for a bit last night, Brooke was pretty much her usual self today. She was maybe a little bit grumpy but I attributed that to her being sleepy. She had no fever though so I was encouraged that things were looking good.

I thought my sweet princess was on the mend but as John was helping her take her shirt off for bed tonight she screamed hysterically, "My ear!" I thought that maybe it had gotten caught and hurt for a second but I soon realized that it was just plain hurting her. Anytime we would touch it or that side of her face she would scream out in pain. I know that kids can get ear infections with colds but it really surprised me that it would happen as quickly as it did, seeing as how she was just checked out on Tuesday. So I guess we're headed to the walk-in in the morning. Don't these things always seem to happen on the weekends??

It broke my heart because I gave Brooke some Ibuprofen (to help with any pain she might be having) before bed and immediately after taking it she said, "Mommy, it's not helping me." She then started to cry! I wanted to cry right along with her. I just wish that she had told me earlier so I could have given her some pain medication much sooner.

On another unrelated note, Brooke and I had the funniest conversation earlier. We were talking about the baby and whether it would be a boy or a girl. She said, "Mommy, if Jesus gives us a brother we're not going to say 'Hey, Jesus, we asked for a sister, not a brother,' we're going to be thankful either way." Lol. I guess she's been hearing me talk a lot about being happy for the baby regardless of gender because people assume we will be upset if it's another girl. I always tell them that we'll be thankful either way and the gender isn't important. Where do people get off assuming that we'll be disappointed over a new life? I don't get it!

Alright, John's off tonight so it's time to go watch a movie. Tonight it's Jonah Hex. I can't wait:-)

No comments: