Saturday, December 4, 2010

The Past Week

I definitely jinxed myself with the last post about how the girls were getting better. As soon as I did that, I got sick and then John got sick. Uck! It was awful but hopefully it's completely over with now that it's gone through our whole family. The only good thing that came out of it was that I got to stay in bed ALL day on Wednesday. I felt horrible and was throwing up but I seriously don't remember the last "break" I had to do nothing for an entire day. The things we call relaxing when we're moms. Lol

Thursday was my birthday and I was thankful because that was one of the few days this week that wasn't tainted by sickness. John made my morning very special with a beautiful card and some awesome presents... 4 maternity shirts, a Cranberry Chutney Yankee Candle (My most favorite thing ever), awesome new cookie sheets (that I desperately needed), Christmas PJ's, and a new perfume, Pure by DKNY. He is such a thoughtful and loving husband and tries so hard to make my birthday special every year! He had worked the night before so he got some rest and my dad watched my kids and my sister's kids for a little while so we could have a girls lunch at Olive Garden. Isn't that so sweet? We had a great time! My mom met us, along with my brother's wife. Then, for dinner, we had a party at my parents' house with steak and twice baked potatoes. It was a very special day! The best part was that John took that night off so we came home and watched a movie by the Christmas tree.

Adrienne had her 18-month appointment the other day. She weighed in at 22 pounds, 10 ounce and she was 31.5 inches tall. She's only in the 25Th percentile for weight and in the 50Th for height. She's a little peanut! She got 2 shots but didn't take it too hard and she wasn't even grumpy afterwards. Usually all hell breaks lose after her shots but we lucked out this time!

I'm very excited because tomorrow we're leaving for New York City!! We only live about 3 hours away so I'm going to go to church and play the piano and everything and then we'll leave. We're staying outside of the city in a beautiful Hyatt (that we got for $50 on Price Line!) and going to Bobby Flay's restaurant!!!! Can't wait! Then, on Monday, my parents are driving up super early and picking us up at the hotel where we'll meet and drive into the city together. We didn't want to go to the city without people who knew that they were doing but we didn't want to have to get the girls up so early so this was a happy medium. It's going to be a great trip! John's never been so I'm mostly excited for him.

Well, speaking of our trip, I better finish up our packing. It's so much work to be the mom when you're going out of town. Lol. It's all worth it though:-)

1 comment:

rccalyn said...

Oooo, you're going to Bobby Flay's restaurant?! Dan would be soooo jealous - well I am too! Sounds like a fun trip, glad you are finally all better!