Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Operation Christmas Clean Up

Oh my word, I'm going insane! I had the house in ship shape before Christmas and the girls' toys were organized so we knew where everything was. Then... We all received tons and tons and tons of gifts and now nothing has a place. I love Christmas but this is so overwhelming!

We have shelves in our toy room that help keep things off of the floor. Our initial plan was to put a lot of their new stuff on the top shelf and just pull it down as they requested. Yeah.. That didn't last long. I think we now have two things unopened. Lol. Luckily we purged ourselves of some old toys yesterday and filled a huge trash bag but it's still overwhelming to look at all their toys. Keeping the toy room clean seems impossible, too.

The lack of organization travels into just about every area of my house right now, to add to the stress. I'm in the midst of taking down the Christmas decorations so there are bins everywhere. It's hard to accomplish all that I want to in one day because I don't like to neglect the girls for the sake of the house. I also got some new kitchen items that I haven't found places for so that is also on my to-do list. Even the bathroom has been hit... I have been given some awesome new towels. I feel bad throwing away the old ones (even though they really did need replacing) so now even my linen closet is suffering the after math of Christmas.

I've never been so excited for trash and recycling days in all my life! Tomorrow the recycling will go out and I will be able to finally say goodbye to the many, many boxes that have been crowding our bin. The trash comes on Friday and I'm thinking of calling ahead and telling them to just bring a separate truck for our house. Lol.

My plan was to get our house back in the condition that I like it today but it seems like there was a new mess at every turn just from the girls playing. I'm really trying not to stress about it or let it get to me because it's just part of it. It's not as big of deal as I like to think it is and it WILL get done.

1 comment:

MrsMonicaLB said...

Merry Christmas!Sounds like you had a great Christmas.Dont feel bad I have stuff everywhere and even though our trash got picked up Monday we still have lots to throw out,give it time it will all go back to the way it was,at least thats what I tell myself!
Happy New Year!