Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas!!!!

Merry Christmas, everyone! I am currently sitting in my living room and blogging from my new Dell Net Book. This is amazing! It has opened a whole new world of convenience for me and now that I can have a computer downstairs with me, I think that I'll be blogging much more! Thank you, Mom and Dad!!

Our day could not have gone better. John and I decided to just get each other small stockings and not to waste money on lots of gifts. He was absolutely precious... He knew I had wanted the Charlie Brown piano music so he went online and found it for me. It was one of the most thoughtful gifts that I have received! I never specifically said "get me that" but he was obviously listening to me to know how much I wanted it! Also, he got me my favorite candies and gum and a gift card. It was actually really fun doing no gifts because it just pointed the focus more on the girls instead of ourselves. They were so precious and very gracious about all the gifts they received. It was hilarious because they got lots of little things but their BIG present was a play kitchen. Brooke had been asking for one for ages so we assembled it late last night and hid it under a blanket it in their toy room and shut the door. After all the presents were unwrapped Brooke said, "I didn't get my kitchen but I'm still thankful!" Lol. Then we cued her in and showed her the kitchen and she was floored. Ah, I just love watching Christmas through my children's eyes!

Our day has been really busy... After a quiet morning at home we went to John's grandma's house to exchange gifts with our extended family, then we went to my parents' house and did gifts there and had a wonderful lunch of ham and all the fixings. Last, but not least, we ended up at John's parents' house and had a whole other round of gifts and fun there.

Both girls are in bed and my house is kind of in disarray from the many, many, MANY gifts we got today. John is toying around with his new Play Station 3 that his family got him while I sit right next to him on the computer. We are so technologically savvy now. Lol. I'm sad to see the Christmas season come to a close but I seriously could not have asked for a more perfect day than today. And the best part?? John took tonight off:-) We're so lucky!

Merry Christmas! In the midst of it, I am MOST thankful for the Savior who came into this world has a tiny baby to deliver us all. Happy Birthday, Jesus!

No comments: