Friday, June 17, 2011

Back in Town

We got in last night from our short trip to Syracuse. It was a quick, yet refreshing, trip for my little family! Sometimes just getting away for a bit is all you need.

Bailey's appointment was pretty uneventful. The doctor said that it's just a severe case of reflux, which I'm having a hard time believing. She doesn't spit up like my other reflux babies- She vomits. It's frustrating but I keep telling myself that she's the doctor and she came very highly recommended so I should just trust her. I guess the reason I was a little upset was because she didn't even look at any of her labs or X-Rays from when Bailey was in the hospital. Instead she asked, "What did they say about her X-Rays?" I would have felt much better having her look them over. Anyways, she put her on a stronger dose of Pepcid and I'm happy to report that Bailey is at least more content now. I'm thrilled about that! On the other hand, she suggested that I express my milk and thicken her feedings with rice cereal. I'm really not into feeding my babies anything but breastmilk until they are at least 6 months old so that was hard to hear. She said that the more often I can feed her this way, the better. This is hard for me because Bailey won't take a bottle and also, I want the closeness of nursing her, not just the nutritional benefits. I'm not quite sure how this will all work out...

As for the rest of the trip, we had a great time! The zoo was a lot of fun and it was the perfect sized zoo to not be overwhelming or too extremely time consuming for the girls. I lost our camera charger so unfortunately I couldn't catch any pictures. It's so typical me!

This was our first overnight outing since Bailey's been here and I'm amazed at the amount of work it was to pack for just one night. Her vomiting issues only add to that because not only does SHE go through lots of clothes, so do we. Lol. She's so worth it though:-)

2 comments:

rccalyn said...

That's unfortnate that you didn't get a better answer, but at least the higher dose is helping, right?

Isn't it a huge ordeal to pack up 3 kids and their stuff?! I can only imagine how much worse it'd be with having to change outfits at every feeding!

Is Adrienne still using the potty or did that taper off? I'm so nervous about that next step for us!

Jillian said...

She is in panties full time and doing awesome! She has e few accidents here and there but that's normal for how young she is. And I don't blame you for being nervous... It's MUCH more easy to have her in diapers. Lol