Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Unplanned Potty Training

It has always been my theory that children will potty train easily when they are completely ready. I didn't force the issue with Brooke and lo and behold... She just picked it up one day. That was my plan with Adrienne, too, and I expected her to be in diapers for at least a few more months. That was completely fine with me because honestly speaking, when you have a newborn, it's kind of easier not having to monitor potty trips and bathroom visits for another child!

I was in complete shock on Monday morning when Adrienne said, "I don't wear diapers. I wear Nancy." To explain.. We bought her Fancy Nancy panties on her birthday to perhaps spark some interest in potty training. I put them on her because we were going to be home all day and I expected the day to be disastrous. However, my little girl SHOCKED me by finishing out the day with not one single accident. It was pretty incredible.

She had another good day today, as well. We had to go to gymnastics for Brooke and then we had a picnic with my sister and sister-in-law. The picnic wasn't the best setting for a newly potty training toddler but my girl still managed to not wet her pants! After we left the picnic she dribbled a little in her panties because she didn't make it to the potty on time but all things considered, that's not bad! This afternoon at home she did poop her pants but I expected that. That's was a big hurdle for Brooke for a bit when she became potty trained. I'm just trying to be patient and loving, despite feeling completely overwhelmed by this latest project! It's hard work to be in the midst of potty training and feeling like you constantly have to be on watch for the next potty break.

I keep telling myself that if we tough this week out and don't put diapers back on her that it will be worth it. She's doing great but it's even still a huge undertaking for me during this stage of our lives!

1 comment:

Potty Training Problems said...

Nicely compiled data. I have started reading this site. This is really worthy content and
useful for every new language learner. Appreciation for this kind of important write-up!
I got a completely fresh resource for Baby Potty Training and like to share with you all.Potty Training Problems