Thursday, June 23, 2011

Slow Down, Bailey!!

Doesn't babyhood go by so quickly? It's amazing how much growth takes place in the first year of a child's life, especially the newborn months. I tell ya- Bailey isn't even three months yet and I hardly remember her as a tiny, lethargic newborn. She's so full of life and personality now and it's hard to believe that a few short months ago all she did was sleep.

On Father's Day two very important things happened that I forgot to make note of... For starters, she rolled from her back to her belly. It was the weirdest thing because she hasn't even rolled from her belly to her back yet, which babies usually do first. It was a completely unexpected surprise!! My mom and John were right there to observe this exciting happening in our house, too, so it was extra special. Watching my babies accomplish new things will never grow old! Also, that same night my girl slept completely through the night!!!! She was waking up once a night to eat (though she was hardly eating much) and she decided that she was going to kick that habit to the curb. I'm loving not having to get up at night anymore!

The new medicine that the doctor in Syracuse put her on has given us a baby that is a MILLION times more content and happy. She spends most of her awake time kicking her feet, smiling, and making deep conversations. She's a talker and a cooer and she absolutely captivates me! Being a mommy is the hardest job on the planet but oh so worth it.

No comments: