Monday, August 17, 2009

2.5?!??!?!??!?!

Brooke officially turned 2.5 on Saturday and I'm blown away by how quickly the time has gone by. I think back to last year and how big I thought 1.5 sounded, but in retrospect, she was really just a baby then. I look at her now and I'm astounded by her capabilities, understanding of things, her communication skills, the amount of love she gives, and the list goes on and on and on. Being mother to a rambunctious toddler has its difficulties, but really, it is so rewarding to watch Brooke on her journey to being a little girl- NOT a baby. It will never get old! Here's what she's up to these days...

*She adores her sister. If Adrienne is crying she will go up to her and say, "It's okay baby sister. Mommy's coming." She's always overly concerned about making sure she has enough blankets over her (yes, even if it's a 91 degree day like today!) or that she has a wash cloth for her goopy eyes in the morning. Brooke is so helpful, loving, and precious to her sister and I love watching it!

*She always tells me what to say. She'll say, "Say, 'Brooke, do you want to go to the park?'" Or, "Can I have a cookie? Say 'Yes.'" Lol! There are times when I don't say what she wants me to and she often gets mad at me, but I'm certain that we can't have a 2.5 year old dictating our day!

*She is very particular about her hair lately. She has this new liking for headbands and some days she refuses to take them off, even for bed. Whatever. I'll pick my battles, right? I usually wear them while I exercise and she likes to wear them because she looks, "Just like mommy!"

*She's SUCH a girly girl. She still hates to get messy, is petrified of bugs, and is very fussy about her clothes, shoes, and hair being messed up. She also argues with me about which shoes and clothes she'll wear. Just the other day she wanted to wear her winter boots out with her sundress and I had to veto that one. She carries a purse virtually everywhere she goes and if I forget her special, fancy "Sunday Purse" that my mom got her for church, then Sunday mornings are tough. Haha

*She so vain. (She's my daughter so I can say it!) When we were on vacation she looked in the mirror at the hotel and said, "Who is that beautiful girl? Oh, it's Brookie!" She'll also say to Adrienne, "She's so pretty just like her beautiful sister." Lol

*She randomly comes up to me and kisses me and say, "I love you, Mommy." If that doesn't make your day, what will? She'll also say nice things to me like, "Mommy, nice hair" or, "You look so pretty today!"

Overall, she has just turned into such a big girl lately. She has her days, but mostly, she is the sweetest, most loving little girl and we are always entertained by her. I love being her mommy more than I could ever express!!

No comments: