Thursday, August 27, 2009

3 Months Old!

To my sweet Adrienne:

Before you were born, I was so anxious about how you fit into our family. I knew that I would love you and daddy and I were absolutely certain that we wanted our family to grow, but all of the changes that were going to come kind of scared me... Until I met you. Once I heard your sweet little cry and gazed at your breath-taking beauty, I instantly knew that life had become so much more wonderful than before. You have been the most perfect addition to our family and these last three months have really been a much easier transition than I could have ever imagined!

You have the most amazing personality. While you are an easy, easy baby to take care of because you are content and you sleep like an absolute champ, you also have a feisty, goofy personality that commands my attention. When you are smiling at me or talking to me, I honestly cannot keep my eyes off of you. I want to hear everything that you have to tell me and it is with joy that I coo back at you. I know that one day, before we know it, you'll be able to carry on actual conversations with me and tell me what's on your mind. I can't wait for those days, but right now, I'm just holding on tightly to your babyhood and not wishing a moment of it away!

Each night before you go to sleep I say a quiet prayer over you and thank God for allowing me to be your mommy. I thank him for your health and beauty and ask him to prepare your future for you. I also ask for wisdom to be the very best mommy that I can be for you because I know that you deserve the best and only that! As I put you in your bed, you quickly find your thumb and drift of to sleep all on your own. I check on you about a million times a night and you always seem to be sucking frantically on that thumb!

I have loved watching Brookie adore you and learn how to be your big sister. Sometimes I think that she thinks she's your mommy! She's always concerned about you being warm enough or that you're nice and full. She loves to help with your bath time and she absolutely hates when you cry. Pretty soon you'll be big enough to actually play with her and I cannot wait to watch the two of you grow up together and become the strongest, most reliable support system for one another.

Miss Adrienne, there are not words to let you know how loved you are. I get choked up when I think of just how full my heart is for admiration and pride for you. You have changed my life and I am so thankful for the past three months and am eager to watch you grow. Mommy will always be here for you and you will always be loved unconditionally.

I love you, sweet baby!

Mommy

No comments: