Friday, August 21, 2009

Catch Up

John was off on Wednesday and Thursday, which is why I have been M.I.A. We usually spend one of his days off doing all of our running around like grocery shopping, doctor's appointments, etc... As always, his days off just fly by way too quickly!

Before we could enjoy our time together, John came home from work on Tuesday night with some discouraging news... He will, once again, be going to the evening shift (3-11) against his wishes. UNBELIEVABLE. They are so short staffed right now that even though John has seniority over like 5 or 6 guys, he has to go to this dreaded shift. He was supposed to be on days until at least the end of September and after that, he most likely would have been put back on days but if not, he would have gone to nights (11PM-7AM). The department is short like 5 guys so they chose to run a skeleton crew on the night shift, which is why that's not an option for John right now. I'll admit, I've been struggling and John has too. We hate that shift and it's going to completely shake up the routine that we've worked so hard to establish and our time together and with our extended family will be limited. I know that God has a purpose for everything and that in the grand scheme of things this is a minimal thing to endure, but really, I'm growing weary. Every single time that we adjust to a new schedule things get shaken up again. I'm ready for a consistent schedule. One day, right?

In much more exciting news... Today has been the first super successful day of potty training with Brooke!!!!!!!!!!!! She had been wearing her panties around the house on and off over the last couple of weeks, but today was the first day that she would actually tell me if she needed to go! She peed on the potty three time this morning, with only a slight accident due to not getting there quite quickly enough. Then, she was playing with Nathan who was over and got distracted and pooped in her pants. Even though we had that accident, I still consider today a success! When she wakes up from her nap I'll be ready to start again!

Miss Adrienne has been an absolute sleeping machine lately. HOLY COW!! She slept from 7:30 last night until 11:30 this morning. You better bet that I was ready for her to nurse when she finally woke up! She usually does at least 12-13 hours every night but lately she's extended it to 14-15. It's just nuts! She's always very happy and smiley when she wakes up and not as eager to eat as one would expect. She's just a great sleeper. I'm still not quite sure how I got blessed with TWO of those!!

Tonight my whole family is going to Outback to celebrate my parent's achieving a HUGE goal. It's always nice, but hectic, to get everyone together and I look forward to it very much!

I have two sleeping beauties so I think I'm going to go pick up from this morning's chaos. Luckily Alison and Nathan helped pick up the toys from our play date but there's always MORE work to be done!

2 comments:

*~tRiStYn MiChElLe~* said...

So sorry about John's shift...that really stinks! We will have to get together and go out to dinner sometime when he has a night off. I am in dire need of it! :0)

Love your blog change! It's beautiful! I think I need to do mine too...I'm bored. :0)

rccalyn said...

Wow, I can't believe how much Adrienne sleeps! She sleeps longer than Arianna and I didn't know that was possible! At least when I talk to you I don't have to feel guilty about Arianna's sleep, like when I talk to anyone else (with normal babies). Lol.