Monday, August 31, 2009

I Think It's Time...

Adrienne has slept in a cradle in our room for the last 3 months now. I have been serenaded by the sweet sound of her sucking her thumb each night and if I wake up and am worried about her, I hear her breathing and instantly know that she's okay. I love having her close and I love knowing that she's safe.

BUT... I'm afraid she's growing out of her cradle:-( Whenever she moves the whole cradle thrashes about with her. She also pushes her face up against the side of it and I'm starting to worry that she'll suffocate herself or something. Thankfully, we have the amazing Angel Care Monitor that will notify us if she stops breathing or else I would feel absolutely scared to death to leave her in there for that reason.

It's just so hard for me to think about Adrienne sleeping alone in her big girl room in a CRIB and not in her little cradle. "Graduating" is always so emotional for me for some reason. I love that closeness and sense of security that I feel just knowing that she's a foot away from me. Our upstairs is pretty big and there's a small hallway leading to her room, which lends to my apprehension about this transition. I wish that she was RIGHT next door to me but I don't think the floor plan is changing anytime soon!

My baby is growing up... And MUCH too quickly. It seems like just yesterday that my precious Brookie was in a cradle in our room. Or wait, let me edit that... It seems like just yesterday that Brooke was in our bed in our room nursing all night long. Lol! Just to clarify:-)

No comments: