Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Family Fun Day

We had the best day today!!! Life has been so busy lately and with John's new schedule things are only going to get busier, so we took a day and just relaxed together. It was much needed!

First things first, we went to the Science Center. They have all sorts of science experiences, animals, crafts, an awesome outdoor play area, and various other interactive games for kids. Brooke had such a blast and we loved being able to watch her little eyes light up as she explored uncharted territory. She was a bit intimidated by all of the older kids and was a little bit more reserved than usual, but she warmed up to the idea of being there after we started to have some fun.

After our fun morning, we headed for some Mexican food for lunch. John really hates Mexican but he goes for me because he loves me:-) Brookie polished off a hard taco and some beans and of course about a million chips. It was so funny because there was only one chip left and Brooke was eyeing it. Obviously I didn't care if she ate the last one but I was trying to teach her manners so I told her that she should ask if anyone else wanted it before eating it. Little did I know that she would start asking that question before taking a bite of anything the whole meal. Lol! She keeps us laughing for sure!!

Before heading home for the day, we went to this beautiful park right along a lake. It was just the perfect scene: I was nursing Adrienne under a huge shade tree, the water ahead was sparkling and sail boats were off in the distance, and behind me John and Brooke were running around a laughing hysterically. At that moment, life just felt like total bliss. Ya know? I was surrounded by the three most important people in my life, as well as God's beauty. What an amazing feeling! We stopped and bought some bread for Brooke to feed the ducks and there were absolutely NO ducks near the shaded area that we chose to settle in. John and Brooke went to go lure some in our direction by flashing their bread and before we knew it we were absolutely swarming with ducks, geese, and pigeons. Brooke LOVED feeding all the birds and she wasn't even remotely afraid of them. I, on the other hand, was all freaked out that they would hurt her or something. I'm such a mom. What can I say??

We finished off our night by having a casual dinner at home... Pulled chicken sandwiches, french fries, and brownie sundaes for dessert. It wasn't the most healthy of dinners but on a day like today, who cares?!??!

The girls are both bathed and in bed now and I'm going to top off this wonderful day by watching a movie with John. Could life be better??? I think NOT!

No comments: