Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Back to Reality

Tonight is John's first night back to work after two wonderful weeks. We had the best time together as a family and I fell even more in love with my husband. The trials we faced with our plans being switched around and then Bailey being sick and away from us really helped us pull together as a couple. Tough times are never fun in the midst of them but when you can say that you've grown from them it helps put it into perspective.

I'm a little anxious about "flying solo" tomorrow. My incision is still a bit uncomfortable and I don't move around as easily as I would like to. I'm also not supposed to lift anything heavier than the baby, which is a hard rule to follow when you have a 22-month-old who still wants her mommy. Despite dreading John going back in, I think that tomorrow will be good for my confidence. I'm not ready to leave the house on my own but I'll get there eventually. We're definitely staying put for now!

My girls are doing so well and it is truly joy in this mama's heart to watch them all together. Brooke and Adrienne huddle around Bailey and speak sweet words to her and they call her "honey" and "sweetie" just like I do. It's hilarious but precious all at the same time. Adrienne told Bailey today, "I know, Bailey. I know." Haha. I dream of the day when they're older and I can already imagine the bond that will be shared between the three of them. It's so much fun to think about!

It's hard for me to believe that I once thought we had the perfect family without knowing Bailey. I remember seeing those 2 pink lines on the pregnancy test and having my heart beat with fear and shock but now I ask myself what this world would be like without her beautiful face in it. Isn't it amazing how God just opens up our hearts to love each new addition to our family? It's incredible!

No comments: